Tuesday 5 August 2008

Coconut chutney to green n brown coconut chutney.

Last week when I prepared Chutney along with Dose for brk fast I observed little krish throwing away all the coriander and curry leaves which are added with tampering[talimpu]. It made me feel a bit concerned. How these little buddies are going to enjoy the health benefits of these ingredients. So I thought to modify my recipe as I had other concern as well about the fat in coconut. With the folllowing simple changes to recipe, I was successful in achieving even better taste and added healthy ingredients. It is new make over to coconut chutney from white green n brown.

The recipe in brief:

1 cup brown grated coconut [coconut with the skin, I use my Panasonic Indian one]
1 cup curry leaves-washed
1/2 cup coriander
3/4 cup fried grams
4 chillies[as per the taste, mild]
1tsp fresh lemon juice

At first make the grams into a fine powder. Then add remaining things and salt as per the taste. Further grinding with pulse mode for 5 to 8 minutes with adding water occasionally.
Once everything is grounded into fine paste add fried red dried chillies, mustard and jeera in olive oil n hing. Add the lemon juice.

Added healthy ingredients:
Fibre rich due to presence of coconut skin i.e brown grated coconut.
Rich in potassium n Magnesium as lot of curry leaves and coriander are added.

Tip: To enhance the taste adding a pinch of brown sugar or jaggery while grinding is recommended. The coconuts which we get here are very matured.

Note: All the portions supplied approximately. They can be modified according to personal requirements.

No comments: